- Sim Update 12 3 0
- Military Aircraft
- Eerste release
- June 16, 2021
- Laatst Geupdate
- 9 month(s) ago — 1.1.2
The United States Air Force Lockheed Martin F-22A Raptor Air Dominance Fighter
If you like our freeware model, check out our premium model! The premium model is now available in the in-game Marketplace for PC and Xbox and for PC on Justflight.com.
Justflight Premium Version:
DISCORD: Follow us on Discord for information about our premium model, support for the premium model, community discussion, and information about other forthcoming models from Top Mach Studios: Top Mach Studios Discord
WEBSITE: Check out our web site www.topmachstudios.com for more information about our premium model
MSFS Official Forum F-22A Raptor Page: F-22A MSFS Forum Page
Brought to you by Top Mach Studios, LLC
The world’s most advanced operational air superiority fighter presents a monumental challenge for any flight simulation developer. A passion project of ours, Top Mach Studios dedicated over 9 months of research and development to the creation of this totally custom made scratch built (not a conversion - not based on any previous FSX / Prepar3D meshes or models) model for MSFS 2020 and in doing so we’ve pushed the limits of what’s possible in MSFS 2020. We are proud to present this highly capable, highly functional replica of the F-22A to the MSFS 2020 community. We think you’ll find this aircraft to be an absolute thrill and a true joy to fly. In return, we ask you to show your appreciation by taking a moment to provide your honest review, feedback, and suggestions. We hope you’ll have at least as much fun flying the Raptor as we’ve had making it.(Video) The Latest F-22 Raptor Is Ready for Battle !
Top Mach Studios
- Evan Burns – Lead developer and programmer
- Adam Burry – 3D modeling and visual effects
- DakFly0219 – Flight performance modeling and tuning, lighting and visual effects, manual and documentation.
Installation, User License, and Manual
Move the .zip download file to your desktop (to avoid long file names errors some users have reported) and then copy the topmachstudios-f22a-raptor file folder found inside into your Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Community directory. Don't install theraptor-documentation folder into your Community folder. We strongly recommend you take a moment to review the included user manual .PDF file in the raptor-documentation folder before you take flight in the Raptor to help improve your experience. Start MSFS 2020 and find the Lockheed Martin F-22A Raptor in the aircraft selection menu.
Please review the included 'TopMachStudios_F22ARaptor_License.txt' for user license information and instructions before posting videos or streaming content using this freeware aircraft model.
- We strongly advise you to take a moment to review the included user manual .PDF file (and the notes below on this page) for more details and instructions before submitting support inquiries. Please submit your inquiries on this download page.
Model Features and Capabilities
Simulated Fly-By-Wire control system providing virtually carefree flight control
- Auto-trim / pitch control
- Roll rate limiter
- Yaw control limiter
- Exceptional maneuverability and smooth control responses up to 19 degrees angle of attack (the
hard limit within the current game physics model) and controllability at airspeeds as low as 90 KIAS.
- Highly resistant to departure from controlled flight throughout the flight envelope.
- Precision high altitude flight control to 60,000 feet and above.
- Takeoff / Approach mode (landing gear down) ensures precise control for virtually effortless
handling during take-off and landing approaches.
- Low speed aerobatic maneuvers possible; hammerheads, tail slide, and pedal turn capability
- Thrust vectoring and high alpha flight maneuvering (above 19 degrees angle of attack) are not
simulated at this time due to underlying limitations of the game physics model.
Highly detailed fully custom 3D cockpit modeling
- Highly detailed modeling and texturing of cockpit, control panel, and ICP/HUD module
- Detailed ejection seat model
- Fully functional Head Up Display (HUD)
- Fully Functional MFDs and PFD (using customized Asobo native G3000 instrumentation suite)
including moving map, customized traffic display, and terrain functions
- Canopy interior reflections and rain effects
- Many button, knob, and switch animations functional in cockpit
- Full suite of functional essential autopilot controls built into the MFDs
- Functional engine controls in MFDs and in cockpit
- Functional fully customized cockpit lighting and HUD lighting controls
- PFD can be configured to display primary flight information or moving map display
Detailed Custom 3D Exterior ModelSee AlsoGIP News | Portable generators UK 2023: we review portab9003-EnG-1867-12 DCS Panel Cabinet and Console Installation - [PDF Document]
- Scale and proportions very close to the real world aircraft
- Custom texturing including metallic and non-metallic surface texturing effects
- Animation of all key flight control surfaces (excludes a number of maneuvering control surface
deflections as seen in the real Raptor due to complexity and sim limits).
- Animated landing gear
- Exhaust heat effect and Asobo native contrails enabled
- Custom canopy reflections and tinting
- Customized Exterior Lighting Systems include custom landing and taxi lighting,
electroluminescent formation lighting, navigation lights, and beacons; all modeled after the
actual aircraft, with correct lighting positions.
Engine and Performance Modeling based on Lockheed Martin / USAF specifications
- Accurate weight and fuel quantities (includes additional fuel to simulate 2 x 600 gallon ferry
drop tanks; visual drop tank models and drag model not included)
- Optional stores configuration available to simulate 6 x AIM 120D and 2 x Aim 9X missiles
(weapons modeling / animations not included)
- Engine model tuned to realistic specifications for thrust and performance.
- Drag and lift model tuned to estimated specifications. Sustained 5G+ maneuvers at 40,000 feet
and above are possible
- Mach 2.4+ maximum speed
- Mach 1.7+ supercruise capability
- Supersonic climb to high altitude
- Incredible acceleration rates at full throttle.
- Supersonic capability up to 60,000 feet and above
- Reasonably accurate fuel consumption and maximum range at all altitudes (not based on the
default game turbine model, but customized to greatly improve accuracy of turbine fuel
consumption and thrust).
Known Limitations and Game Settings Recommendations
- PLEASE READ THE INCLUDED MANUAL CAREFULLY BEFORE SUBMITTING SUPPORT REQUESTS. 9 OUT OF 10 ISSUES ARE EITHER DUE TO USER ERROR OR CONFLICTS WITH OTHER MODS.
- We strongly recommend setting all accessibility options settings to the "Hard" setting to provide the most realistic performance and provide the best handling for the aircraft. Leaving AI pilot and other support options enabled can degrade performance or cause the plane to be unusable.
- Turn off Nosewheel steering (used by the SuperHornet). Doesn't work with the F-22.
- With SU5, Asobo introduced a different/new methodology for computing airspeed that, in particular at speeds above Mach 1 and at altitudes above 30,000 feet, resulted in inaccurately high airspeed readings in your airspeed indicators for all aircraft. The problem worsens as aircraft go higher and faster (supersonic and hypersonic flight in particular is quite severely affected). We have confirmed this affects all aircraft in the game and have reported this to Asobo. With version 1.0.7 of the Raptor, in response, we developed and programmed a methodology for computing, accurately, the calibrated airspeed. All airspeed indications in the cockpit now show the correct KCAS value. We have also re-implemented an overspeed warning at 800 KCAS and the aircraft will reach critical stress levels if this is significantly exceeded (flight will end if you have damage caused by overstress turned on). However, we were not able to update the airspeed value displayed in the external camera HUD view and these values will become increasingly divergent as you go higher and at faster supersonic speeds.
- After SU5 update, for PC users to ensure proper control of switches and knobs in the cockpit with a PC mouse or other pointer controller, you must go to the General Options -> Accessibility -> Cockpit Interaction System and change this setting to "Legacy."
- Remove prior versions of the Raptor, including old pre version 1.x.x.x versions (typically named "evanburnsdev-f22raptor" or similar) before installation of an update.
- Control with keyboards isn't currently possible. We are not pursuing a solution for it as it would be too difficult to fly with keyboard alone.
- Make sure you are using "Modern" flight model.
- If you have no control: Please verify that there is no simconnect.cfg or simconnect.dll located in your Documents folder. These are dead files that are left from an old version of Kinetic Assistant that interferes with the aircraft's Fly By Wire system. Also, this model doesn't work with keyboards as noted previously. You will also see a similar lack of control if you attempt to use your keyboard to control the aircraft.
- If you use rudder pedals or any other rudder input controller we strongly recommend you set your rudder sensitivity curves (found in the game Controls Options menu) setting to somewhere between -50 and -60. The rudder input in the game, at default settings, is very touchy or twitchy, and reducing the sensitivity curve will provide a much more easily managed rudder input and yaw control for the Raptor.
- Do not enable (or turn off if already enabled) the Take-Off Auto-Rudder option under the Assistance menu. Enabling this function will cause oscillation around the yaw axis at airspeeds above 600 knots indicated. If you must enable this function, make sure to disable it after takeoff (and re-enable just before your approach and landing) to avoid this problem.
- The model is highly responsive in the roll axis and some sim pilots may find the default control sensitivity “twitchy” and find fine aileron control modulation difficult when in normal flight mode. If you find this to be the case we recommend a setting of between -20% and -30% for both positive and negative deflections for Axis-X (or whatever Axis correlates to aileron input for your controller) under the Sensitivity menu for your control stick or yoke (found under the Controls Options).
- Make very sure the following value: [General Options -> Camera -> Cockpit Camera -> Horizontal Position] is set at exactly 50. If not, your eye point will be significantly offset from the centerline.
- We recommend you turn off camera shake in the Camera settings under General Options. At high angles of attack, and with the maneuvers this aircraft can perform, you won’t be able to see the instrumentation or outside views very well with your virtual “head” bobbing up and down.
Version History Summary
- Bug fix to address control lockup problem affecting pitch roll and yaw for some customers in SU9.
- Fixes problem with missing lighting effects from version 1.1.0.
- Resolved issue with throttle axis assignment not working for peripheral throttle input controllers after SU7 patch introduced a bug.
Update 1.0.9(Video) Microsoft flight simulator 2020 - Tour around London ✈️
- Restored Head Up Display (HUD) functionality.
- Incorporated wingtip vortex visual effect at high angle of attack. A big thank you goes to FlaminFenix for the effect file and assistance with attaching it to the aircraft.
- Restored Head Up Display (HUD) functionality.
- Incorporated afterburning fuel consumption and made other respective modifications to the engine configuration file to retain the performance profile for the model.
- Fixed Xbox type controller right rudder control problem
- Corrected Spanish language localization file
- Substantially improved aileron roll response and crispness (incorporating improvements from SU6 update)
- Maximum roll rate increased to 220+ dps.
- Adjusted G-limits to official specs (+9 / -3)
- Customized programming of highly accurate Calibrated Airspeed Calculations (Asobo supersonic airspeed calculations inaccurate after SU5).
- Reintroduced correct maximum airspeed limit (800 knots KCAS) and aural alerting.
- Custom programmed auto-throttle now built into FBW.
- Auto throttle / Auto pilot system speed calculations are now computed in FBW module instead of the sim.
- Blurry scenery as seen through canopy from interior fixed.
- Slightly darkened canopy tint level, improving HUD visibility in bright conditions.
- Shadows now rendered correctly inside the cockpit.
- Streamlined and further optizimed the FBW code.
- Localization files translated for all supported languages (community feedback requested and appreciated - translated using online translation software - not native speaker translated).
- Raising the roughness(to reduce reflections) for the interior glass too high caused it to blur the environment with the 1.0.5 update. Lowered it back as little as we could to prevent blurring.
- Fixed bug in PMFD Airspeed
- Adjusted default screen brightness of MFD's
- Lowered reflections on interior canopy glass
- Updated for SU5 Compatibility
- Revision to Install Readme.txt file - no need to re-download if using 22.214.171.124
- Updated sound file for more realistic engine sounds
- Increased flap drag coefficient to a more realistic value
- Corrected missing flap angles / detents with user flap position selection
- Disabled bugged default auto-spoiler and auto-brake functions
- Updated user manual and documentation
- Included additional documentation excluded from 126.96.36.199 update.
- Fixed a bug preventing rudder control for handheld controllers(steam/xbox).
- Fixes a bug causing the Fly By Wire to default to the off position. This update causes it to default to on. To verify, in the FLCS Panel (left side console near seat), the Auto switch should be in the up (away from you) position.
U mag dit bestand onder geen beding uploaden naar andere sites.
Je mag mijn bestand in geen geval wijzigen of verbeteren.
U mag dit bestand onder geen beding converteren.
Toestemming voor gebruik activa
Je mag onder geen enkele omstandigheid gebruik maken van activa uit mijn bestand.
Geniet u van deze inzending?
Uw donatie om de maker te steunen wordt op prijs gesteld!
Dit bestand is gescand voor virussen en is veilig om te downloaden.
What is the easiest plane to fly in Microsoft Flight Simulator? ›
12 Best Beginner Plane: Textron Aviation Cessna 152
The Cessna 152 is incredibly intuitive to fly, and its controls establish a basic understanding of some of the more advanced planes. Additionally, the Cessna 152 handles incredibly well and gives you a sense of how gliding through the air affects the aircraft.
We are proud to present this highly capable, highly detailed and highly functional replica of the F-22A to the MSFS community. You'll find this aircraft model, our first effort to produce a premium quality aircraft for flight simulation, to be an absolute thrill and a true joy to fly in MSFS.What is the hardest plane to fly in MSFS? ›
The F-104 or TF-104 for MSFS is often criticized but only because people don't take the time to learn the plane, this is quite difficult, the two-seater trainer doesn't even have an autopilot, you have to hand-fly it the whole time, getting it to Mach 2 takes a lot of practice and you have to learn energy management, ...Can you get jets in Microsoft Flight Simulator? ›
Microsoft Flight Simulator continues to expand its in-simulator Marketplace with the introduction of the Aermacchi M-346, a military twin-engine advanced jet trainer.Which Microsoft Flight Simulator is most realistic? ›
X-Plane has been aviation's most realistic flight simulator for the past decade, with incredibly life-like scenery, detailed cockpits, and realistic aerodynamic modeling.Can you learn to fly a real plane with Microsoft Flight Simulator? ›
A simulator cannot teach you a lot of different pieces of flying and it's also not a real instructor. If you want to truly succeed in aviation, get in contact with a local flight school or instructor and begin taking lessons.What is the best plane to learn in Flight Simulator? ›
1 Cessna 152 Aerobat
The best all-around learning plane is, without a doubt, the Cessna 152 Aerobat. Available to all players, this highly customizable plane offers a compact, fast, and durable package that can withstand mistakes in the air.
The NASA/USAF X-15 is the fastest fighter jet ever produced. It reached record top speed of Mach 6.72 or 4,520 mph, which is more than five times the speed of sound.How fast is AF 22 Raptor? ›
The F22 Raptor jet is a twin-engine, fifth-generation military fighter aircraft capable of air superiority and ground attack missions. It has the highest top speed of all active tactical aircraft, reaching Mach 2.25 (1,500 mph) without using afterburners.How many jets are in Microsoft Flight Simulator? ›
The Standard Edition of Microsoft Flight Simulator comes with 20 different aircraft across all classes of planes.
What is the hardest plane to fly in the world? ›
A second U-2 pilot normally "chases" each landing in a high-performance vehicle, assisting the pilot by providing radio inputs for altitude and runway alignment. These characteristics combine to earn the U-2 a widely accepted title as the most difficult aircraft in the world to fly.Does MSFS have dogfight? ›
Multiplayer was a mode that allowed you to fly online with other players, fly in formations, and engage in dog-fights. Training Missions are missions that teach you dogfighting techniques and the basics of flight.What simulator do fighter pilots use? ›
FRASCA flight simulation products provide military pilots-in-training a secure, safe practice environment for mastering a wide range of complicated inflight scenarios and emergencies.Can the government shoot down a plane? ›
“The authority to shoot down a civilian aircraft is delegated to a very small number of very senior officials, civilian and military, within the Department of Defense,” McHale said.Can you get banned in Flight Simulator? ›
The Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums are not a place for discussing illegal activity. If a member is found to have participated in such actions, they will: Receive a formal warning; or, Be banned from the forums for a length of time based on the severity of the infraction up to and including, indefinitely.Is flight simulator like actual flying? ›
So first and foremost, flight simulators are a fun hobby for anyone who likes aviation. But modern flight simulators are also accurate enough to keep experienced pilots interested. The cockpits are recreated with exacting detail, and the avionics functions like they do in real planes.What is the most realistic flight simulator 2023? ›
Microsoft Flight Simulator is one of the best flight sims available for purchase, and in 2023 it will still be at the top of its game. With top-notch graphics, world updates every two months and Virtual Reality compatibility, the flight simulator creates an immersive gaming experience that few can rival.Is Microsoft Flight Simulator real Earth? ›
Microsoft Flight Simulator uses Microsoft Azure data, and simulates the Earth using textures and data from Bing Maps.Can you really fly anywhere in flight simulator? ›
But in Flight Simulator you can fly almost anywhere in the world and it will be more or less as you remember it. There it is: Teteven! What a place to grow up. I know some locations are more detailed than others, but the important bits are there.Does Microsoft Flight Simulator count towards a pilots license? ›
Flight Simulator Training
Also, you can use 2.5 hours of simulator time toward your private pilot requirements. 20 hours of simulator time can be logged toward your Instrument Rating and you can knock out 50 hours toward your Commercial Rating. Our simulator can be used for much more.
Can a beginner play Flight Simulator? ›
If you're a newcomer to the flight simulator genre eager to take off and see the sights, that may not be so easy at first. It's worth mastering a few basics early on. Polygon's Microsoft Flight Simulator beginner's guide will give you the foundations you need to soar.What flight simulator is approved by FAA? ›
The Redbird MCX, FMX, SD, LD, VTO, MX2, and our cockpit specific devices are FAA approved Advanced Aviation Training Devices.What are the three types of flight simulator? ›
Simulation Classification The FAA categorizes aviation ground trainers into three main categories: full flight simulators, flight training devices, and aviation training devices. FFS: We'll start first with the heavy hitters: flight simulators — or more accurately — full flight simulator (FFS).What is the biggest free plane in pilot training flight simulator? ›
Overview. The Airbus A380 is the biggest airliner in Pilot Training Flight Simulator. The A380 is one of the only two double decker airliners in the game, the other being the Boeing 747. The A380 also has the largest wingspan of any plane.Can a human fly Mach 10? ›
The most likely answer is a resounding no. Mach 10 speed has never been achieved by a manned aircraft, though, so it has never been tested.Is Mach 15 possible? ›
Mach 15 is about 5104.35 meters per second. The only plane that was slated to move that fast was the (unmanned) NASA X-43, which recorded speeds over Mach 10. The X-43A used a rocket booster to get to speed after being dropped out of a B-52.Which fighter jet can defeat F-22 Raptor? ›
The F-22 cannot be matched by any known or projected fighter aircraft. A combination of sensor capability, integrated avionics, situational awareness, and weapons provides first-kill opportunity against threats.What is the fastest US plane? ›
The fastest jet aircraft
With the SR-71's two Pratt & Whitney J58 turbojet engines, each capable of 32,500 lbf of thrust, the plane could cruise at Mach 3.2. The world's fastest aircraft, now only on displays at aviation museums like the Evergreen Aviation Museum in Oregon: The Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird.
Counting previous spending going back to fiscal 2018, the Air Force is projecting the total cost of keeping the F-22 capable against current and future threats at $16.2 billion, according to an Air Force spokesperson. That comes to more than $100 million for each of the 148 or so F-22s the Air Force plans to retain.What is the biggest plane in Flight Simulator? ›
The Antonov AN-225 is now flying inside Microsoft Flight Simulator.
How much is a full plane simulator? ›
Entry Level Flight Simulator
To create an entry-level flight simulator, you can expect to pay anywhere from $2,500-$3,000 for the entire home sim. A great starter setup with a few components can be great for honing in your skills in a particular area.
As a civilian flight simulator, MSFS will welcome the Heatblue/IndiaFoxtEcho F-14A/B Tomcat with a strong focus on the core flying experience.What are the worst aircraft to fly? ›
The Christmas Bullet, later known as the Cantilever Aero Bullet (sometimes referred to as the Christmas Strutless Biplane), was an American single-seat cantilever wing biplane. It is considered by many to be among the worst aircraft ever constructed.What plane flies faster than bullets? ›
Once the legend of the skies, the X-15 flew faster than a rifle bullet and lofted its pilots to the edge of space 60 miles up. And as workers crowded around, it seemed as if it was being set for another mission. But its wings were wrapped in padding. Its skin was coated in dust.What is the scariest part of flying in plane? ›
Takeoff and landing are widely considered the most dangerous parts of a flight.What is the simplest plane to fly? ›
The Cessna 150/152 is a great plane for beginner pilots as it is extremely easy to handle and costs significantly less to purchase than a Diamond DA-40/42. Plus, it is comfortable and roomy, so it is perfect for anyone who may feel intimidated by the tight seating of a Diamond.What airlines never lost a plane? ›
Running since 1929, Hawaiian is among the oldest airlines in the world but, remarkably, it has never suffered a single fatal crash or hull loss.Which jet is best for dogfight? ›
Top 10 Fighter Jets include the F-35, F-22, J-20, Su-57 and the F/A-18.Do fighter pilots actually dogfight? ›
It was a component in every major war, though with steadily declining frequency, until the end of the Cold War in the early 1990s. Since then, longer-range weapons such as beyond-visual-range missiles have made dogfighting largely obsolete.Do pilots still train for dogfight? ›
While US Air Force pilots do train for classic, World War II-era dogfights, and while the F-35 holds its own and can maneuver just as well as fourth-generation planes, dogfights just aren't that important anymore.
How much is the F-22 Raptor in Flight Simulator? ›
All of this, coupled with the beautiful interior and exterior model and the highly-customized flight model, should make for quite an experience in Microsoft Flight Simulator! The Top Mach Studios F-22A is available now through the Just Flight store, priced at £24.99 / €27.95 / $35.99.Where can I see F-22 Raptor? ›
Lockheed Martin F-22A Raptor > National Museum of the United States Air Force™ > Display.How much does a F-22 1 hour flight cost? ›
Now the not-so-great news. The F-22 Raptor, the world's first fifth-generation fighter and arguably the best fighter jet in the world, costs an eye-watering $85,325 an hour to fly.How do you cold start on Flight Simulator? ›
After selecting a parking position you will see options for “ready for taxi”, “before engine start” and “cold and dark”. Select the latter to start with all engines and systems off. We'll skip some processes to keep this tutorial short and needless to say this is not to be used for real world flights.Why is the F-22 so good? ›
The F-22 engines produce more thrust than any current fighter engine. The combination of sleek aerodynamic design and increased thrust allows the F-22 to cruise at supersonic airspeeds (greater than 1.5 Mach) without using afterburner -- a characteristic known as supercruise.Why are they discontinuing the F-22 Raptor? ›
Here's why: The F-22 was canceled after just 186 airframes were delivered and large portions of its production line were then used for the F-35, making building new Raptors all but impossible. The F-22's design and avionics are increasingly dated.Why did the US stop making the F-22 Raptor? ›
Although the USAF had originally planned to buy a total of 750 ATFs, the program was cut to 187 production aircraft in 2009 due to high costs, a lack of air-to-air missions at the time of production, and the development of the more affordable and versatile F-35. The last F-22 was delivered in 2012.Is Microsoft Flight Simulator like a real plane? ›
To create Flight Simulator's high fidelity, Asobo scanned actual airframes, inside and out, relying on an Artec Leo 3D scanner, which provides half-a-millimeter resolution. Gamers see renditions of these actual aircraft, down to scuff marks on windows and nicks on levers.Are all planes unlocked in Microsoft Flight Simulator? ›
Only 20 planes are available in the base game, with the rest only being obtainable through additional content.How many planes are on Microsoft Flight Simulator? ›
The Standard Edition of Microsoft Flight Simulator comes with 20 different aircraft across all classes of planes.